SSHA President – MARTIN MURCHIE
Greater Glasgow and Clyde NHS,
Senior Sexual Health Adviser,
2-6, Sandyford Place,
Glasgow, G41 2PF
0141 232 8435
Martin currently works as a Senior Sexual Health Adviser at Sandyford sexual and reproductive health services in Glasgow, the first truly integrated G.U.Medicine and Family Planning Service in the UK. He is also a Registered Nurse. He has worked within sexual health sine 1996 and moved in to the speciality of sexual health advising in 1998 then on to Senior Sexual Health Adviser in 2001. He is a qualified as a Registered Nurse in
He achieved a BSc in Health Studies in the year 2000 at Glasgow Caledonian University and completed his Masters in Public Health in 2008 at the University of Glasgow. Martin has been a member of the on the National Professional Committee of the Society of Sexual Health Advisers since the year 2000 as the Representative for Scotland and the UK Membership Secretary.
Martin is delighted to take on the role of President of the Society of Sexual Health Advising as working with his fellow sexual health advising colleagues on the NPC has always been exciting and he looks forward to continuing to support the good work of the NPC for the next two years within this role.
- Sexual Health Scotland. www.sexualhealthscotland.co.uk
- Respect and Responsibility: An action plan for improving sexual health in Scotland www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Health/health/sexualhealth/respect
- The Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus Framework 2011 Scotland. www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2011/08/24085708/0
- Scottish Government. www.scotland.gov.uk
- Sandyford Integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health Service in Glasgow. www.sandyford.org
- Gay Men’s Health: Scotland’s Charity for Gay Men. www.gmh.org.uk
- Sexual Health and BBV figures Scotland. www.hps.scot.nhs.uk