Why Join SSHA? 7 top reasons:
1. TRADE UNION MEMBERSHIP: Become a part of Britain’s largest union representing 2 million skilled and professional people. Unite offers you advice, guidance and representation in all aspects of your working life, from negotiating your conditions of employment to making certain your employer values your skills and career development.
2. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: 450 Sexual Health Advisers around the country have joined forces to form SSHA which equates to approximately 90% of all Sexual Health Advisers in the UK and Ireland. Together as a member organisation we can influence the direction of our profession at a clinic, regional and national level.
3. LOCAL SUPPORT GROUPS: Many SSHA regions hold regular meetings which can be invaluable in reducing the sense of isolation felt by many members. Invited speakers may contribute to discussions on topical areas of interest.
4. PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE: Membership of SSHA includes Professional Liability Insurance cover for employed work up to the value of £3,000,000 and that further details of this cover may be found on http://www.unitetheunion.com/sectors/health_sector.aspx
5. ANNUAL CONFERENCE: Attendance is a must for all Sexual Health Advisers if you can leave behind your clinic work for 3 days each Autumn. The venues change each year. Presentations are usually made by Sexual Health Advisers and workshops covering a variety of themes impacting on our role make the event a winner with delegates.
6. PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION: Along with all other health professions, Sexual Health Advisers are moving, through SSHA, towards professional regulation. Health Advisers who are registered nurses may now be registered on Part 3 of the NMC register as Specialist Community Public Health Nurses (SCPHN). Health Advisers from backgrounds other than nursing will soon be able to register with the United Kingdom voluntary Public Health Register (UKPHR) which is endorsed by all four UK departments of health.
7. VALUE FOR MONEY: Click here to find out SSHA Contribution Rates.
How to Join?
If you would like to become a member of SSHA then please download the application form and forward to:
SSHA/Health Sector, Unite the Union,
128 Theobald’s Road,
London, WC1X 8TN
If you have any questions you can contact Martin by the methods below. Please ensure all relevant parts of the application form are completed.
For any further information on membership contact:
Carol English, Professional Officer, Unite Health Sector/SSHA
Tel: 020 3371 2013 email@example.com